Last year the UK took part in this awareness day for the first time, with a co-ordinated social media campaign, led by Societi Foundation. We worked jointly with our fabulous partners, the British Heart foundation, and our international partner – the World Heart Federation – to reach a global audience with our awareness raising message. We were supported by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, and the British Paediatric Surveillance Unit, and together with our sister charity, Kawasaki Disease Canada, we led a campaign and created a remarkable impact…
….but for 26 January 2018, we mean to make an even bigger impact – and in doing so, transform awareness of Kawasaki Disease here in the UK, as well as building stronger links with our partners abroad. Please help if you can!
Why is Raising Awareness of Kawasaki Disease important?
Research undertaken here in the UK shows that children with Kawasaki Disease who are diagnosed and treated early have a lower risk of lifelong heart damage. So – raising awareness is our TOP priority – if everyone knows Kawasaki Disease, our children will be treated sooner and fewer children will develop lifelong heart complications.
Help us? Join Team Societi!
- Do you want to get involved – as we launch our first awareness campaign of 2018? – YES!
- Do you fancy being part of a global awareness initiative which will save children’s hearts? – YES!
- Can you help us in our fight to combat Kawasaki Disease through raising awareness? – YES!
Helping save children’s hearts might seem like a big ask! But there are so many ways you can help us achieve this. …………….here’s how you can help!
YOU can make a difference!
On 26 January 2018, we want to grow our Kawasaki Conversation across the UK – involving as many people as possible. How can you get involved?
There are lots of ways you can help!
- Download our ‘printables’ – awareness raising posters and leaflets – and forward these by email to share them with your colleagues, your family, your friends – awareness raising is our main priority! Please let us know if you do. Knowing how many people we reach is important to us!
- Display an Awareness Day poster at your place of work, local school, local supermarket – or take a copy to your GP and local pharmacy for them to display!
- Organise a collection or put out a donation box on your counter in your office, or in a local shop – together with some leaflets – we can provide you with all this!
- Organise a fundraising event such as a coffee morning, non uniform day or cake sale with Societi information – or a “wear red” day, where staff donate £1 to take part! Download a poster opposite for all of these!
- Contact us for a Societi information pack – and we’ll send you leaflets and posters which you can distribute – perhaps at busy shops you visit, at your community centre – or even your post office! Please do ask for permission from those responsible for information display in these locations of course – we’ve never yet been told no!
- Send our Awareness Day media release to your local paper, perhaps with your own story about Kawasaki Disease (or just on its own!) and encourage them to run it on or near to 26 January [Our media release will appear as a download on this page just before 26 January – but do speak to your local paper in advance and see if they would be interested!]
…If you fundraise for us on Awareness Day – do send us the monies raised and we’ll use it to raise even more awareness!
We can provide you with information leaflets and posters if you would like to help – we would love to work with you so that everyone knows Kawasaki Disease – and our children get the life changing early diagnosis and treatment they deserve.